Sunday, June 3, 2012

2 Weeks + 3 Days - Best parents ever

So after that miserable night, I woke up feeling a little more refreshed.  I tried to stay in bed as long as I could.  I eventually got up around 10am and called my parents.  They were planning on picking me up and taking me out to lunch today.  At this point, if it's anxiety, then any out time is a blessing.

Ankle actually felt good getting out of bed this morning.  No stings that I can remember.  I was able to start walking right out of bed.  Not too shabby for 3 days out of the cast.

I got up, did some elliptical work again for a little over 2 minutes.  I took a shower and then called my parents. My parents drove the distance to pick me up, and then we went out to Red Robin for some food.  Afterwards, we just went from store to store around the mall area and browsed around for the next 3 hours.  I wore my walking boot most of the time and walked myself.  When my ankle finally started to get tired (i.e. I started feeling some stings) I switched to wearing my shoe and sock, and then just crutched around.  We capped the day at DQ for some ice cream and headed back home.

We got home around 5pm... the ankle felt decent again, so mom and I decided to take Kodo for a walk.  Well, mom held Kodo while I crutched/hobbled around.  It wasn't actually too back.  I walked some of it, but then decided to crutch whenever I felt any twinges.  Kodo, got tired first as he usually does and it started to rain, so we just called the walk short.

It was a wonderful day out, and I didn't feel any issues throughout.  I thanked my parents profusely as they looked pretty tired too.  They went back home.

I tried to take a nap, but could only toss and turn...so instead, I did a bit of laundry and opened all the windows just to aerate the house.  I sat on the patio outside with the pup and just played a couple of games on the iPad.  Then I ended up eating around 8:30pm.  I had a sneaking suspicion that somehow that my eating is somehow related to my shortness of breath.  Sure enough, just around 9pm, I felt my first "pang" of the day.  What a bummer, since it was such a great day.

The tightness got worse and worse, and I think as it gets tight, my anxiety rises more and more.  By 10:00pm I was pretty wiped from the day, and decided to try to get some sleep.  I lied in bed for about an hour and probably was pretty restless until finally falling asleep around 11.  It was restless sleep.  I remember waking up a bunch of times, but then being for a bit longer and then waking up around 2:30am.  I just turned and fell asleep again, and I think I saw 4:00, and then 6:50am. 


No comments:

Post a Comment