Tuesday, June 5, 2012

2 Weeks + 5 Days - Back to work

Well, I got up around 7am after lying in bed for a little while.  The top of my foot was still a little numb and tingly.  I can still feel some pressure when I scratch, but when I sort of rub my fingers on the top of the foot, it gets that same weird sensation that you get when your mouth is numb from novocaine.  The area doesn't seem to be as large as it was before, but it's much more noticeable closer to the base of the ankle.

As for the stomach, I woke up feeling that same kind of "bloated" feeling...but a lot better than the night before.  Before logging into work, I decided to do a bit of elliptical work.  This time I went for quarter mile, instead of just by time.  It took only about a minute longer.  So far, so good.  I maybe felt a slight pang of breathlessness, but it went away quickly. 

Afterwards, I logged into work, and I'll have to say that it was a pretty good feeling of normalcy.  It was a good distraction, and it helped by the fact that I was feeling a little bit better.  I ate some watermelons for breakfast.  Then for lunch I ate some rice and some leftover broccoli.  I'd say it was about a medium portion.  I felt a little tight right after eating, but it wasn't too bad or distracting from work.  I also cut a bit of a papaya fruit and tried to eat some of that as well. This tightness is interesting...there definitely seems to

The good news about getting up and starting work early, I got to get off the clock early as well.  This time, I tried to take a nap, but of course, my body would have none of that.  Instead, I just got up and watched some tv.  I ate dinner around 6pm...The chest/stomach was getting a little more tight, so I decided to eat light.  I just had some Ramen noodles, going college old-school.  The tightness just increased more.   I felt it when I tried to settle and sit down.  It took a few hours, but eventually got to the point where I was a little more comfortable sitting.

I went to bed early again, around 10pm.  This time I fell asleep around 11 and stayed asleep 'til 2:30am.  This was actually the longest amount that I've slept straight through in a while.  I went back to sleep 'til 3:30 and then again 'til 6am.  So patchy 7 hours of sleep...but it was decently restful.

No comments:

Post a Comment