Monday, June 4, 2012

2 weeks + 4 Days

Well, last night was just restless.  This morning I got up at 6:50am to a stomach ache.  After using the facilities, I couldn't really get back to sleep.  I just laid in bed for a few hours until maybe around 10am.  I don't think I actually got any real sleep in.  I was feeling some pretty crazy, tightness from the night before.  Definitely think I need an appointment with my primary care physician.

The ankle felt pretty fine.  I can definitely tell that the stiffness is starting to subside.  The one thing I do notice is that the incision areas are still on the swollen side.  The swelling has gone down a bit, but not anywhere close to where my good ankle is at.  On another positive note, the redness around the incisions has gone down to a slight pinkness.  It's definitely not as dark as it was before and the reds are now just barely noticeable.  One thing that I'm noticing is that the skin that was underneath the cast is starting to flake a little bit more.  I think it might be something that requires some lotion.

My parents, again, picked me up today.  This time we went downtown for some food.  Unfortunately, the tightness was still there, I was dragging and I didn't have very much appetite.  While we were downtown, we saw my aunt and uncle come into the same restaurant, so decided to just sit together.  This was good, 'cuz my Aunt is a doctor and I could grill her on all my questions.  She said that it's probably just the anesthesia or indigestion.  I only had a bowl of soup in front of me, and I was barely even picking at that.  I was noticeable miserable and untalkative.  She said to try some antacid pills when I eat.  My uncle actually had some on hand.  I figured, what the heck, it couldn't hurt.  So I popped two tums...the weird thing is that I started to actually feel some relief.  My appetite kind of came back and I started feeling a bit better.  I think it probably just resolved part of my problems, but it was good to feel a little human again.

We then hit a few grocery stores to prepare for my impending workday tomorrow.  I just got some quick, light meals that I could put together during the workday.  If it is my stomach that's causing some of my issues, I figure that I would start lightening up my meals a bit to see if that makes a difference.  We basically just got some yogurt, juices, bread and things of that nature.

Afterwards, my parents dropped me off back and my place.  I was thinking about a nap, but then had the opportunity to have some of my closest friends come and visit.  I wasn't gonna pass that up, and I knew that I probably woudn't fall asleep anyways.   It was seriously therapeutic.   They got me out of the house again, and helped me walk Kodo around the block...then we just sat outside for a couple of hours and chatted.  I could feel the "pangs" while we were talking...but they actually had eventually faded.  It was a nice distraction, and really just to have the company.  They had left, right before Becky got home, so I had a pretty constant stream of socialization.

I decided to eat lightly this time.  I ate a little before my friends stopped by, and then I expanded the meal when becky got home.  I took 2 tums before I ate, and decided to keep myself standing up.  The badness always happened while I was sitting and eating.  Surprisingly enough, even after about an hour, it didn't really hit...maybe a little tightness, but no the full blown "attack".

Before it had the chance to actually hit me, I decided not to tempt fate and decided to head to bed.  It was only 10 pm, but I was already wiped from all of today's activities.  I stayed up just long enough to watch the last bit of the Miami/Boston game and then went right to sleep.  I think the last i saw the clock was around 11:30pm.  I woke up around 2:30, which was decent, considering it was about 3 hours straight of sleep.  Then fell asleep and woke up again around 4am.  I turned my head and tried to fall asleep.  After a little while, I turned to look at the clock and it was 6...I just couldn't tell if I had actually slept or if I had just laid there for 2 hours.  ohwell, I guess no major attacks overnight was a good thing.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment