Sunday, June 10, 2012

3 week update

So I've been blogging about this for 3 weeks now. It's been a roller coaster ride. I figured I'd give an overall update of where everything is at. The ankle itself is actually doing pretty well. I'm not ready for any races yet, but at the 3 weeks mark, I've been able to get on the elliptical almost every day since the cast came off. I was also able to get on the treadmill for a teeny bit. I was also able to do a slow jog on the treadmill this week..I think it was 5 days post cast. I'd say e ankle isn't ready for prime time yet. It's still sore when Im on the treadmill and even more sore if I try to push off. I guess I just have to be a little patient.

As for the rest of me, I think my body is still trying to heal from the surgery. I still don't know whether my issue is due to the ultra conservative recovery plan that the surgeon gave me...or someone that has to do with the stress of just having surgery. I might have actually been ok had I not been put in he cast for 2 weeks. That led to the pain, which led to the stress and insomnia (and painkillers) which I think eventually just messed things up for me. So now 3 weeks post op I'm still trying to figure out what is going on.

I know for a fact that part of my problem had to do with anxiety. Some of the issues that my pal had described about his anxiety were exactly the things that I had experienced. Luckily for the most part, those issues have seemed to dissipate. The thing at I still can't quite get away from is if something else is still going on. I'm just not sure if that's still the remnants of the anxiety speaking. I'm hoping that it's just a very slow healing process and will eventually just get better until I'm back to my normal self. I've had moments of being myself and in the last few days it seems those moments have been longer and longer. But then the low and scary moments are still there and are just enough to keep me from being totally happy still. I guess we'll see what the future holds.

So sorry if this blog turned into something completely off the mission agenda of the ankle arthroscopy experience. Perhaps it could used for some psych 101 class.

Anyways. As things progress I'll post updates. As for the day to day,

No comments:

Post a Comment